New Business Information
Before leasing space, call the City of Palm Beach Gardens Planning and Zoning Department (561-7994222) to determine if the site you have selected for your business is located in the correct zoning district.
- Special Licenses
Obtain required certification for your profession or business. For example: Restaurant approval from the Florida State Division of Hotels & Restaurants; professional licenses from the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulations; attorney's bar card from the American Bar Association; contractor certification from the Florida State Construction Industry Licensing Board, etc. Not sure if you need a license then please visit the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation for guidance.
- Fictitious Names
File for fictitious name registration if the business will be operated under a name that is not a corporation or person's legal name.
A permit and plans are required before any interior or exterior alterations, construction, electrical, or plumbing work is commenced.
- Sign Permits
Sign permits are required before erecting or changing any signs.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
All businesses (except sole proprietorship's with no employees) must register with the Internal Revenue Service for a federal tax identification number.
- Corporation/LLC/Partnership filing documents (850) 245-6051.
- If you plan to do business as a corporation, LLC, or partnership, you must first file with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations. A printout of the online records or copies of the business entity’s filing documents must be included.
- Fictitious Name Registration (850) 245-6058
If you plan to do business under a name that is neither 1) your full name nor 2) the name of your corporation, you must register the name with the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations.
- State or County License/Registration/Certification
If the type of business is regulated by a state or county agency, you must include documentation indicating compliance.
- Department of Business and Professional Regulation
(850) 487-1395. Most professions and contractors.
- Palm Beach County Contractors Certification Division
(561) 233-5525. Contractors without state certification.
- Palm Beach County Health Department
(561) 840-4500. Child care facilities.
- Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
(800) 435-7352. Food outlets, auto repair, travel agencies, telemarketers, health/dance studios.
- Florida Department of Health
(850) 488-0595. Health care professionals, doctors, therapists.
- Florida Office of Financial Regulation.
Banks, finance companies, securities brokers.
- Florida Division of Hotels & Restaurants.
Restaurants, mobile food operators, hotels, motels.